Why go to a Farmer’s Market
Did you know Kitterman Woods is located near several Farmer’s Markets & Farm Stands?
From savoring produce at the peak of freshness to meeting the people who grow your food, there are countless reasons to support farmers markets. Here are just a few!
- The fruits and vegetables you buy at the farmers market are the freshest and tastiest available.
- The food you buy at the farmers market is seasonal.
- Much food found in grocery stores is highly processed and grown using pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, and genetic modification.
- Family farmers need your support.
- At the farmers market, you find an amazing array of produce that you don’t see in your average supermarket.
- At the farmers market, you can find meats, cheeses, and eggs from animals that have been raised without hormones or antibiotics, who have grazed on green grass and eaten natural diets, and who have been spared the cramped and unnatural living conditions of feedlots and cages that are typical of animal agriculture.
- A regular trip to a farmer’s market is one of the best ways to connect with where your food comes from.
Wouldn’t you rather stroll amidst outdoor stalls of fresh produce on a sunny day than roll your cart around a grocery store with artificial lights and piped in music?
Coming to the farmers market makes shopping a pleasure rather than a chore. The farmers market is a community hub—a place to meet up with your friends, bring your children, or just get a taste of small-town life in the midst of our wonderful city.
Here is a list of some of the local Farmer’s Markets & Farm Stands.
Downtown Fort Pierce Farmer’s Market at the Fort Pierce Marina, Sat 8am-12pm. Rain or shine. Live music, plants, produce and more.
Stuart Green Market at City Hall Annex Parking Lot, Sun 9am-1pm. The best of fresh produce, cut flowers, plants, shrubs & small trees. Take home fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, honey, jams, jellies, preserves, eggs, cheese, sauces, plants, organic goods and much more!
Indiantown Fresh Market at the Seminole Inn, Sun 11am – 3pm. Buy locally grown produce, arts and crafts. Vendors include Western Art, Quail eggs and honey, canning jams and jellies, herbs, greeting cards, goat cheese, goat milk, soap, organic fruits, juices and vegetables.
Nelson Family Farms Open-air produce market for fruits, vegetables, house-roast coffee, citrus plants & pottery. 875 W Midway Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34982 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun 8:30am-3pm
Easy Street Fresh Market Corner of Easy Street and US1 in South Fort Pierce daily deliveries of fresh fruit & veggies, as well as local goodies, priced right. Mon–Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 8am-5pm